Tuesday, November 26, 2013

That Time We Made A Surprise Visit Home! Part 6

All good things must come to an end...
We arrived back from Nashville Sunday right after lunch. Honestly, we were both still pretty wiped out. We weren't 100% recovered from jet lag, had went out of town, RAN 3 miles, tried to party like rock stars and then had to drive back home. What we needed was a happy nappy! So that's just what we had.

The last week was a mishmash of trying to go visit more people, Cody's mom flying in from Texas, Madilyns birthday party, a family & friends dinner, and running kids all over the county to try to see their friends. Whew...I'm getting tired all over again thinking about it!

I kind of let the ball drop on the "taking pictures" the last week we were home.

We did get to see and spend some time with our Sophie girl while we were home. She knew exactly who we were and was very excited to see us. WE can't wait to get home to her for good! I'm daydreaming about us all being snuggled up on the couch, Sophie right in the middle, in front of the fire.

We did get to spend the ENTIRE day Monday at the dentist. Literally, from 9:30 to about 5:00 with a short lunch break in there. Claire and Cody were trying to stay occupied. It takes a LONG time to clean 6 peoples teeth. Whomp whomp!
Wednesday Codys mom flew in from Texas. He picked her up at the  airport while I took all the kids to see their friends at school. I must have made about 25 zillion trips to Bedford that day. Once they were all done seeing friends at school, we all got to see GiGi! (Cody's mom, Gale.)  Yay! You can gaurentee you will get fed some super good food when she's around! The cooking skills must run in the family because Cody and April are both fantastic cooks! That's why I NEED to keep running!
I FINALLY got to meet this cutie! Layla Ann...Dusty and Jamie make adorable babies! We babysat for them for a couple of hours while Dusty got  a few things done. She was a total angel! Just look at those cheeks! I wanted to just kiss them to pieces!

The kids all fought over who was going to hold her, change her, feed her...everything. Babysitting was never so easy!
Remember how I said I had already signed up for another 5K before Cody and I had even ran the one in Nashville? Well, it was Saturday morning. I did the Lights & Sirens 5K Run/Walk in Madison. When I got up it was cold and rainy and I didn't want to go. AT ALL. Everyone else was staying home, warm and cozy in bed and I was headed out to run in the cold rain. CRAZY PERSON right here!
I got there and thought more than once about changing my mind. Just ditching the whole idea. My feet were soaked, I was cold and basically everything that morning just sucked. I was thisclose to leaving when I started seeing people I knew. That's when I KNEW I had to stay and run. I mean, damn it...people had seen now! People I knew had witnessed me being there and spoke to me...now they would know to look for my results. Not that they cared how well I didn't do.  Crap! I didn't take any pictues though...so maybe I wasn't there! ;o) Nah, I stayed but it was raining and that's why there are no pictures.
 So I stayed. Now I was cold and wet and boardering on miserable but I was there and I was going to run. I finished in 32 minutes and 5 seconds! BAM! That was way better than last weekend! That was way better than I had managed on the treadmill. I was thrilled to see that time! And running in the cold and rain wasn't that bad. The worst part was having to stand around outside and wait to start. That's when my feel got wet. The actual running part, was good. It wasn't a hard course, mostly flat and  I feel like I found a good rhythm after the first mile. The first mile always sucks for me!
Being able to run outside while we were home and running both of these 5K's got me thinking way, way bigger...
I printed this off...half marathon training. HALF MARATHON PEOPLE! That's 13.1 miles. RUNNING. No car, no bike, no skates...nothing. Your legs. I hadn't actually registered for a half marathon yet though, I was just thinking about it. I did however know exactly which one I wanted to do, if I went totatlly nuts! But I was still just thinking about it at this point...
After the race we had a family/friends pitch in at the old Milton Elementary School. Sorry, the only picture I took was this one of me and Madilyn. Isn't she a doll???
I will say, the next time we have a family/friends pitch in or dinner...anyone who didn't come, should! Especially if Cody is cooking anything. That man can COOK! Lucky me! <~~another reason to keep running... He smoked some turkey for the dinner.
It was delicious as always. Cody's smoked turkey is the best turkey you will ever put in your mouth! I promise! You will NOT be disappointed! Come to our house and eat it! Thanksgiving...next year!
We hung out at the pitch in for a few hours and we pleasantly surprised by the turn out. Once people started heading out...we weren't too far behind them!
Our niece's birthday was the Monday we were leaving so we were taking her to get a birthday present!
 We took her to get a birthday present at Build a Bear Workshop! Claire and Tucker got to go there before we left for Malaysia. Matt always played with their babies so we figured she should have one of her own.
She slept on the way down there, so she's not too awake and enthusiastic in these pictures!
She's kissing the heart before it goes inside her new baby.
  Fluffing her up. How many women WANT to get fluffed up? ;o)
Cody and Madilyn discussing a name. We went to the name book and she picked Maggie.
  I think Maggie is a perfect name for a monkey!  Happy birthday Madilyn! We love you bunches!!!!
Codys sister, April, hosted Madilyns birthday party Sunday. Once again...I didn't take any pictures. I did steal borrow some from April though. She is an amazing photographer! Check out her work here. She can do family photos or whatever you might want. She does a great job.
These kids were putting on a show!

Birthday Girl! Cheese!

After the party we headed back to Codys dads house to gather up and pack all of our things. I really wasn't sad to be coming back. Our visit had been exhausting! At least in Malaysia we could rest some!

Monday morning we got up, showered and were off to the airport.
Preflight drink with my man! Bloody Mary for me, beer for him!

Tucker had asked us before to get him a "neck pillow." I broke down at the Louisville airport and got us all one. I do believe they made the flight more entertaining tolerable!
 Cody looks super comfy here, right? 27 hours home crammed up like this...maybe those pillows didn't help that much after all!
We arrived back in Johor Bahru, Malaysia in the wee hours of October 23. We came in and all of us dropped our junk and crawled right into bed. It was good to be back. It was good to be "home." For now...only 4 months till we are back to Bedford for good!
We had a great visit.
We saw all of our immediate family and some extended family and a few friends. I'm sorry and sad to say that we didn't get to see as many of our friends as we all wanted too. I feel like I spent more time with my vehicle than I did with anybody! When we get back for good...yall are going to have to come to us to visit! Shew.
In the mean time, enjoy the holidays for us! Build eat lots of candy and goodies, build snowmen, have snowball fights and enjoy the beauty of cold weather! You don't realize how much you appreciate it until you don't EVER have cooler temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment