Wednesday, October 30, 2013

That Time We Made A Surprise Visit Home! Part 1

We have officially been back in Malaysia for a week. Flying home to surprise everyone without anyone knowing was priceless. The looks of surprise were fantastic. It was without a doubt one of the most fun things I have ever done.
I seriously want to share every moment we were there and all the fun, so I'm going to have to break it up into a few posts. I promise, you'll get to see them all! :O)
Did I tell y'all that the kids didn't even know we were coming until about 8 hours before we left? THAT my friends, was great! It was also probably the closest to going crazy I've truly ever been.
I had to keep my excitement all to myself. Cleaning, trying to get things together, all the while bursting on the inside made me CRAZY! I deserve an academy award for that performance!

I'd like to start off by thanking God, my husband and children. Without you, this would have never been possible! Haha!
Anyway...lets get back to the fun stuff!
Telling the kids. I recorded it for y'all. Their reactions were priceless! They continued to get more and more excited..guess I stopped to early, but hey! We had packin' to do!
The packing came together remarkably better than I expected. I was a hot mess, worried we would forget something we need or would want. Hello toothbrush, deodorant, underwear?!?! We all did great though. Claire and Tucker must have came into our room 10 thousand times asking "Is this OK to take? How about this outfit?" NUTS! It was NUTS!
There was very little sleep to be had that night. We packed, ordered pizza for supper and all laughed and talked about how surprised our families would be! What would their reactions really be like? We couldn't wait to see! The 7 1/2 to 8 hours between telling the kids and getting picked up to go to the airport passed faster than the previous 24 had. Promise!
We loaded up at 2:30 am and off we went. 27+ hours of traveling by car and plane is a LOOOONG time. It's no joke! Ask Alicia. She'll tell ya. She'll also tell ya she knew we were coming home! LOL! This is what she had to deal with! That's why she's been my best friend FOREVER! Literally! 

My mom was freaking out because she hadn't heard from any of us. We hadn't been on Facebook or any form of social media. We were off the radar. But not really...we just weren't posting anything for fear of ruining our surprise! A BIG thanks to Alicia for covering for us and risking the wrath of Mawmaw's and Pawpaws and Moms and Dads all over TC! You rocked girl!

We boarded our plane at 6 am Friday morning in Singapore. That was 6 pm Thursday evening in Kentucky. We were set to arrive in Louisville around 6:30 pm Friday evening. Have I said how long the flights are???

Fortunately all the seats have TVs with movies and games in the back of the head rest! Thank you Delta! Plus the booze and wine was free! Bonus for Dad and Mom!
Someone is all "Tuckered" out! Hehe!

Tvs out, movies on, pillows and blankets in use. The excitement must have gotten to them...finally!
 Bulk head seats rule. They are THE BEST on long flights...unless your special and get to fly first class. Obviously we aren't, or our family is just too big. Either way, the bulk head seats made a world of difference. Especially for that tall man of mine. Being 6'2" means you need some extra leg room!
We arrived in Louisville right on time Friday evening. We were all tired, but excited and the adrenaline had kicked in at this point! We grabbed our luggage and car from Enterprise and were on our way!
There were some big surprises in the future for our family!

1 comment: